NATIONAL CYBER GROUP ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
National Cyber Group LLC (collectively "NCG" and its’ divisions CyberNow Labs and Total Seminars) has a commitment to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and in using our products and services ("Solution" or"Solutions").
This Privacy Statement applies to National Cyber Group websites and Solutions
that link to or reference this Statement and describes how we handle personal
information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access,
and how to update and correct your personal information. Additional information
on our personal information practices may be provided in offer descriptions,
supplemental privacy statements, or notices provided prior to or at the time of
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our
websites, publications and services and interact with us. "Personal information"
is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include
name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account
number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, or
payment card number. If we link other data with your personal information, we
will treat that linked data as personal information. We also collect personal
information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect
personal information to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
- Collecting information during the testing admissions process when
- a computer-based certification test is administered to you.
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect
from you over time and across our websites and Solutions with information
obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and
completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide National Cyber Group with a third party's personal
information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you
have the third party's permission to do so. Examples include forwarding
reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties
may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in
the initial message or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. In some instances,
National Cyber Group and the third parties we engage may automatically collect
data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications.
This information is used to better understand and improve the usability,
performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our
business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Solutions,
sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for
other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we
may use personal information include:
- Delivering a Solution you have requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our Solutions and your online
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Administering and processing your certification exams.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or
- customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from National Cyber
- Group or from our partners.
You can edit your communication preferences at any time. See Your Choices
and Selecting Your Communication Preferences below.
ACCESS TO AND ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to
date. We provide a number of options to access, correct, suppress, or delete
your personal information:
- Some National Cyber Group entities may act as or be considered
"data controllers". When a National Cyber Group entity is acting as
a data controller, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that National Cyber Group entity as described in the specific Solution documentation.
- If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
YOUR CHOICES AND SELECTING YOUR COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our
Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- By sending us a message through email at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific, relevant information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
- For short message services ("SMS Services"), by replying "STOP", "END", or "QUIT" to the SMS text message you have received.
- These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain Solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the Solution in accordance with its terms and conditions. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with National Cyber Group business partners or vendors, so they may send you information about products or services that may be of
- interest to you.
By using our websites, Solutions, or otherwise providing personal information to
us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding
security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if
we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you
electronically by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email, or
otherwise contacting you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of
operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Solutions,
sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for
other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within National Cyber Group and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With National Cyber Group business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested Solution, service or transaction. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or postsales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of National Cyber Group, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it
securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. National Cyber Group
implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to
protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from
unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be
guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of
any personal information you provide to us.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for
which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as
necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve
disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, National Cyber Group uses automatic data collection tools,
such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect
certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples
include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived
at our website.
They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the
Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior. This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
Our website includes widgets. Widgets are interactive mini-programs that run on
our site to provide specific services from other companies. Examples include
displays of news, opinions, videos, and more. Personal information, such as
your email address, may be collected through widgets. Widgets may also set
cookies to enable them to function properly. Information collected by a widget is
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a "do not track" feature
that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your
online activities tracked. This is different from blocking or deleting cookies, as
browsers with a "do not track" feature enabled may still accept cookies.
No industry standard currently exists on how companies should respond to "do
not track" signals, although one may develop in the future. National Cyber Group
websites do not currently recognize and respond to "do not track" signals. If we
do in the future, we will describe how in this Privacy Statement.
We partner with third parties to display advertising on our website or to manage
similar technologies in order to provide you with advertising based on your
browsing activities and interests. You may opt out of this advertising.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside
our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to
review the privacy statements posted on those websites (and all websites) you
FORUMS AND CHAT ROOMS
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room on an
National Cyber Group website, you should be aware that the information you
provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others,
and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for
purposes neither National Cyber Group nor you have control over. Also, please
recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and
conditions. National Cyber Group is not responsible for the personal information
or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. To request
removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove
your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to
do so and why.
National Cyber Group encourages parents and guardians to take an active role
in their children's online activities. National Cyber Group does not knowingly
collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or
guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal
information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country
without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the
Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and
address the issue promptly.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER, PROCESSING AND
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As National Cyber Group is a global organization, we may transfer your personal
information to National Cyber Group in the United States of America, to any
National Cyber Group subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties and business
partners as described above that are located in various countries around the
world. By using our websites and Solutions or providing any personal information
to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing, and
storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data
protection standards may be different.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Residents of the State of California, under California Civil Code § 1798.83, have
the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all
third parties to which the company has disclosed personal information during the
preceding year for direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, the law provides that
for use of your personal information by third parties (such as advertisers) for
marketing purposes, the company may instead provide you with information on
how to exercise your disclosure choice options.
National Cyber Group qualifies for the alternative option. We have a
comprehensive privacy statement, and provide you with details on how you may
either opt-out or opt-in to the use of your personal information by third parties for
direct marketing purposes. Therefore, we are not required to maintain or
disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for
marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise
your third party disclosure choices, please email us your request at
HOW TO CONTACT US
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this
Privacy Statement, please email us at email@example.com.
UPDATES TO THIS NATIONAL CYBER GROUP
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our
Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated
revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and
review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification.
By continuing to use our website after such revisions are in effect, you accept
and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.